Thursday 8 January 2015

Happy New Blog Day

It's Thursday: my new blogging day for 2015.

Things are back in full swing for me, with plans being hatched, and both teaching and designing well under way.

Last night I taught a granny square crochet session at Rough Common WI, where a dozen beginners/improvers got hooking. It was a really bubbly and fun session, and I'm amazed what a good job the organisers, Tansy & Kaie, have done in getting the still-new group off to a really healthy start- even on a dark January night! Watch out for some more granny square slipper sessions, like the one here





As my Christmas makes are no longer under wraps, I thought I would share some of them with you here, along with some other bits which I made in my down-time over the holidays:


Titanium shawl, made as a gift.


Titanium shawl, made for me.


Anna Dalvi pattern, from 'Mystic Shawls' book.


Cable Scarf #1- I made two as somebody had scarf envy when they saw this!


Christmas quilt: the lighting is a bit dud as it's just so dark today, but in grey/purple/acid colours this is not the classic Christmas palette!


I have now had my hair cropped extremely short, and so making new hats has been a necessity- somehow the old ones don't suit me in the same way...



...some things I make just go awol of their own accord though!




And because I am head-over-heels for these gorgeous inky blues, and I think I always need a shawl on the go, this is a project for the new year. 






No comments:

Post a Comment