Thursday 29 January 2015

Bijou Victory


I am joyful today, happy that I have finished this cushion! What a lot of stitches there are in an Aran-weight envelope cushion! Making this has even had added benefits: I have discovered that I really like mattress stitch. This is a revelation purely because I have, up until now, hated sewing up my knitted creations. I love sewing, but I have not enjoyed sewing knits... until today. This must be cause for celebration. 

I have the even easier cousin of this design on my knitting needles at the moment, so I will share that with you when I can. But, I will say again: there are a lot of stitches in a cushion! 

I am also happy that I have some more little teaching sessions scheduled for the Olympia Knit & Stitch show in March (see below). They should appear on the booking pages very soon. 

Cupcake Pincushion

Easy Felt Roses

Knitted Daisies

Sashiko Pincushion


No comments:

Post a Comment