Friday 3 October 2014

Pouches & Prints

After a much-needed day out on Saturday, Sunday saw Part 2 of my 'Sewing Rescue' course in Petham Village Hall.

All 6 of my ladies achieved wonderful little zippy pouches, with their newly acquired zip sewing skills. I had fun just ogling all of their fat quarters before we had even got down to any serious sewing.

The zippy pouch gets a thumbs-up as a useful finished object, and something which is simple and yet nice enough to give as a gift, especially when stuffed with carefully selected smellies and the like. I know I have beautiful fat quarters waiting to star in their very own pretty project, so I know I will be making more to give, to keep, and also to sell at upcoming craft fairs. I might even make up some kits with written instructions.

Well done, ladies! 
Wednesday's skirt lesson was an exciting one, as we fitted toiles. I was so so happy to see my ladies all achieve this stage with panache- it takes some guts to walk around pinned into a calico skirt, being inspected for fit. Most of them fitted pretty fantastically well, and it was great to hear the ladies' input about their visions for finished garments. It makes me really excited for that stage!


After a mid week dabble with some sashiko (pictured in embryonic stages of a project), I'm now getting down to preparation for Ally Pally in earnest. Cutting out 51 Liberty print ties is going to be a marathon and a half in itself! But working with this gorgeous fabric is always a joy. Somehow I feel that some of these will also end up on my stall at a craft fair or two! 


No comments:

Post a Comment