Saturday 8 March 2014

Skirting History





Although I haven't blogged for a while, I have been very busy making. Some things I can share with you, but others I am going to be cryptic about and just say that I am not at liberty to divulge.



Here is a skirt which I have made. It is a six gore skirt with side zip fastening, made from lovely soft cotton I bought at a charity shop, and with a longer Liberty print underskirt. It is quite autumnal in terms of colour, but I will probably wear it in any season. It is finished except the hand binding of the underskirt. That's going to be quite a long job as the hem is so flared. One for an evening in front of a dvd, perhaps?


A couple of weeks ago I also went on a little trip, and got the opportunity to revisit the wonderful muse, Minerva, and also 6 year-old me. Both Minerva and I look very happy, don't we? When I was about that age my nickname by my mum was 'Min'. I have no idea why, but I like the connection it lends me to this great lady.





And lastly, I am just going to leave you, mysteriously and without explanation, with this colour. Do you like it? I find it breathtaking, which is lucky really.


No comments:

Post a Comment